Thilakan not ready to give up

|
Last week, veteran actor Thilakan grabbed news space with another verbal attack on Megastar Mammootty for maintaining silence as his fans threatened to kill him. In his new verbal spree against others in the industry Thilakan made it clear that he is ready to move out of the role offered to him in ‘Achchan’ if someone else with similar capabilities comes up for the role.

The veteran star was talking to the media in the press meet organised by the makers of his new movie ‘Achchan’. “I had never approached anyone to make a role for myself and to persuade them to include me in any of the films that I had acted. I was called for all those characters because I suited them well. Even in the case of ‘Achchan’, I heard about the director's intentions to cast me in the role, only through the newspapers”, pointed out Thilakan.

Ali Akbar, the director of the film said that his movie is based on a drama written in 1978 and that he hardly has made any change in the original role for Thilakan. The character in the movie faces similar situations that Thilakan is facing in real life, currently. “I had approached many actors to be in the movie for other roles but much of them rejected the roles due to the fear of action from their organisations. Anyhow, I am planning to start the shoot of the movie at Kozhikode form the 15th of July”, informed the director.

‘Achchan’ to be produced by Dharidhra films will be scripted by S R Raveendran. Aliakbar will handle the editing, cinematography and direction departments while his daughter Aleena will be in charge of the music department.

0 comments:

Post a Comment